We at Sundance Architectural Products, LLC in Orlando have a belief when it comes to building architecture. Every building has a list of needs and wants when it comes to structuring as well as functionality. We believe that these elements can be as efficient as possible while still having an aesthetic charm that’s custom-made to the client’s style. For example, have you ever considered adding custom awnings to your property? Awnings are simple yet effective at providing cover for you and your guests. This means protection not only from rain and other forms of weather but also that sweltering Florida sunshine. For more complex forms of cover, you can also consider a metal canopy. Depending on the shape and location of your building, you may want something with a more customizable size and shape, but awnings are always a safe and effective solution. With pollen season upon us, though, you will certainly want to take extra steps to keep your awnings or canopies clean.
Something to keep in mind is keeping your awnings clean. Like all things, dust, dirt, and pollen will naturally accumulate on your awning, and it will become noticeable over time. Consider performing a light cleaning once a month and a more thorough cleaning every few years. Here are the details:
- Light Cleaning
- A light cleaning can be performed without taking apart your awnings. Simply use a soft-bristled brush to wipe off dirt and debris that accumulates. You can then hose off your awnings and let them air dry.
- Deep Cleaning
- Every few years it’s a good idea to take your awnings down and do a deep clean. This means soaking your awning in water with a mild soap or dish soap, brushing it down with a soft-bristled brush, and hosing the awning after until the soap is completely gone. If your awning has stains, you can consider a diluted bleach solution to spot clean those areas.
Why Get Custom Awnings?
We’ve mentioned a few of the benefits of awnings, but it’s worth expanding because there may be more benefits than you realize.
- Providing Cover
- As mentioned before, awnings provide overhead cover from the weather and the sun. This gives your team and your clients a safe place to stop and dry off or close their umbrellas if it’s raining or give your clients an opportunity to cool off under the hot sun. A great example of these benefits is a restaurant with patio seating. Awnings are a fantastic way to help keep your guests cool and comfortable while also enjoying Florida’s beautiful outdoor weather.
- Adding Aesthetics
- The additions of awnings help to bring an eye-catching feature to the front of your store. This is where the investment of custom designs comes into play. With a unique design featuring your business name, colors, and/or logo, you create an additional method of which people can observe your brand—more surface area that’s covered with your name, essentially.
- Saving Money
- In addition to providing shade for you and your guests, awnings also provide shade for your building and windows. This means less sunlight beams directly into your windows and heating up the inside of your building. As a consequence, your AC won’t need to work as hard to keep your space cool, and you’ll save money as a result.
Contact Us for a Metal Canopy or Awning
Are you interested in adding the efficiency and aesthetics of a metal canopy or custom awnings to the exterior of your property? For property owners around the Orlando area, consider us at Sundance Architectural Products, LLC. With us, you’ll receive high-quality features that not only provide you with functionality but also style and aesthetic design. Make your building stand out in all the right ways by contacting us today for custom architectural products.